Allah Loves Amal As-Saleh. There are several verses in the Quran where good deeds are mentioned immediately after Iman.
Amal As-Saleh means a righteous deed, a beautiful and beneficial act, and an act seeking Allah's pleasure.
Allah talks about Salat, Zakat, Saum and Hajj as obligations, but Allah asks us for Amal As-Saleh, in addition to these fundamental actions.
In light of the current situation of atrocities taking place in Gaza and Palestine, it is more urgent now to renew our faith and revive our good actions.
Often civic engagement and calling elected leaders is called politics which has become a dirty word. We believe saving lives is Amal Salih. Standing up for justice is Amal Salih.
Standing up for the ummah struggling for peace, justice and Islam is not politics but Amal Salih
Let’s channel our frustration into meaningful and impactful action Insha Allah.
Civic Engagement & Fighting for Justice is Amal As-Saleh
- Prophet commanded us to use your power and agency to stop evil. Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.” (Muslim #49)
- All Prophets were sent to establish justice. From Adam to Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon all of them, all Messengers of Allah were commissioned to help people establish justice throughout the ages, as Allah tells us in Surah Fussilat (Quran 57:25).
- Allah’s ordered us to save lives: God says in the Quran, as in the earlier revealed Scriptures, that saving one life is like saving all of humanity, and letting one person die is like letting all of humanity die (5:32). We are required to uphold life’s sanctity.
- When don’t challenge politicians. When we don’t exercise our right to vote and don’t express our grievances to policy makers, we give politicians a pass on their involvement in Zulm (injustice) at home and abroad. Civic engagement & advocacy are among the highest forms of Amal As-Saleh
- Our tax money has been used for killing people. 4 million dollars in wars on terror. So speaking against war, demanding peace. It's not politics, its Amal As-Saleh.
What is Happening in Gaza?
- It is estimated that by now 3,000 Palestinians including children have been killed by Israeli bombings since the start of escalation on the morning of October 7th.
- 5,184 Palestinians have been injured.
- About 60% of the injuries occurred by the Israeli airstrikes were among women and children in the Gaza Strip.
- Over a million are internally displaced.
- Gaza hospitals are collapsing.
- 300,000 Israeli troops are carrying out a massive ground invasion.
What Amal As-Saleh Can We Do for Palestinians?
- Educate: Educate yourself and others about the history of Al-Aqsa and Palestine, as well about as the magnitude of human suffering under apartheid, occupation, and blockade. Help your neighbors, co-workers, and classmates understand the media bias and share the stories of Palestinians for over seven decades.
- Challenge TV channels, radio stations, newspapers, and social media influencers for the dehumanization of Palestinians and erasure of Palestinian suffering. Demand fair coverage of Palestinian voices and stories.
- Challenge your Senator, Congressperson, and the President for their selective human rights and for not condemning the Israeli bombing and killing of Palestinians. Be respectful, focus on facts, highlight human sufferings, and avoid labels.
- Visit www.JusticeForAll.org/Palestine and take 30 seconds to send a letter to President Biden asking him to call for an immediate ceasefire in Israel and Palestine and to open a humanitarian corridor to allow for urgent aid to get to the civilians in Gaza.
- Supplicate: Make a special Dua for brothers and sisters living constantly under fear and terror in Gaza and under occupation in other parts of Palestine - if they are not in your Dua, they are not in your thoughts. Remember, Allah controls the world, we don’t.
Let’s Make a Special Dua
O Allah, Ya Hafeez, help and protect the people of Palestine. O Allah, Ya Lateef, ease their pain and suffering in Gaza. O Allah, Ya Rehman, bestow your mercy on them. O Allah, Ya Fattah, open the doors of sustenance & provide relief to the besieged. O Allah, Ya Shaafee, heal the wounded men, women and children of Gaza. O Allah, Ya Salaam, bring peace in Gaza and end the persecution.