The first ten days of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah, the twelfth month of the calendar, are a special time when all kinds of good deeds are encouraged and highly rewarded.
Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days." The people asked, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?" He said, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing” (Bukhari).
The Prophet also said, “No one makes a Dua without Allah giving him what he asks for, or keeping away from him a similar amount of evil, provided he does not ask for something sinful, or for breaking family ties” (Tirmidhi).
Below are a number of Duas that you can make or use as a model to make your own set of supplications during these blessed days.
- Oh Allah, please forgive me for all of the bad that I've done. You are so Merciful and kind, please forgive me, and help me stay away from all that's wrong. It's so hard for me, and I'm so weak but You are the Strong. Please increase me in sincerity.
- Oh Allah, please forgive our collective sins, and guide us away from repeating our mistakes.
- Oh Allah, please make my family stronger on the path of struggle as You made the family of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him, stronger.
- Ya Allah relieve the world of the COVID pandemic, heal those who are sick, protect those who are not, and end it as soon as possible.
- Ya Razzaq (the name of Allah which means “The Provider”), You provide for all of us in the best way. Please provide for those who have lost jobs or are struggling financially because of the pandemic.
- My Lord, please help us fight racism which is destroying our nation, and help us be of those who work with the oppressed for their dignity and human rights.
- Ya Allah bring justice to our country, and bless us with a leader who will work toward that.
- Oh Allah, make me of Your sincere, humble, and grateful servants the way Prophet Abraham, Hajar, and Prophet Ismail (peace be upon them) were. And please remove all of my insincerity, arrogance and ungratefulness.
- Oh Allah, save the people of India, Kashmir, the Rohingya, the Uyghurs, and the people of Yemen. Protect us all from violence, fear, and danger, You are our Protector.
- Ya Allah, unite Muslims and all people of conscience to work together for the oppressed and the poor.
- Oh Allah, increase me in knowledge to please You, not to seek fame, glory, status or material wealth. Let this knowledge strengthen me as a Muslim and let it benefit humanity.
- Oh Allah, please guide my children and all children. Protect them, my Lord, from all of the evil influences that are around them. Give them friends who will strengthen their faith and help them stay on the Straight Path.
- Oh Allah, make it easy for me to accept all that You have decreed for me, and please make it easy for me to turn to You during trials and difficulties. Let these difficult moments of my life make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to You.
- Oh Allah, help the orphans and the poor wherever they are. Give me the means and ability to do whatever I can for them.
- Oh Allah, cleanse my heart of the sicknesses of arrogance and pride and let me die as one of the sincere, humble Muslims.
- Oh Allah, all of my brothers and sisters who are suffering for Your sake through torture, violence, in jails, etc. around the world please forgive their sins and grant them Paradise.
- Oh Allah, open up a way for me to make Hajj as soon as possible, so that I can fulfill my obligation to You.
- Oh Allah, please give me patience and help me control my anger for Your sake.
- Oh Allah, please help me and all of my Mulsim brothers and sisters around the world change our erring ways and guide us to the Straight Path. Help us all live the life of true Muslims, striving towards the example of Your Beloved Messenger, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and his Companions.