You’ve saved a young Muslim’s life.
She was about to commit suicide.
But then she decided to text SALAM to 741741. This is the number for the Crisis Text Line.
With the help of a trained counselor, this young Muslim decided against killing herself.
And this happened with the will of Allah and your support for Sound Vision’s projects.
That is how your donation to Sound Vision helps.
Alhamdu lillah, Crisis Text Line works.
In the last three months, this free, anonymous, text hotline, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, has encountered 6.7% of callers texting about suicide, while 36% sought help for anxiety and depression.
Helping tomorrow’s Muslims today!
Since Sound Vision began in 1988, our aim has been to empower and train young Muslims. We started off with Adam’s World, the first major English language Islamic television series for children. We have now expanded our focus to tweens and teens.
Young Muslims are facing a number of serious crises in America today, ranging from bullying because of their faith, to doubts about Islam.
Our youth need your help.
Besides Crisis Text Line, we are helping young Muslims of different age groups in multiple ways:
- Adam’s World: We are re-launching Adam's World for a new generation, using the same mix of faith, humor, and storytelling to strengthen younger children. Nasheed artist Dawud Wharnsby Ali, Tom Vandenberg, Shakil Nundol, and Ariya Siddiqi have been busy writing songs, filming, editing, etc. More than 100 Adam’s World segments are already available on YouTube. (Secret: we are developing a live Adam’s World show to take to your school. Any takers?)
- Teacher Training: 50% of young Muslims face serious bullying, and we need to strengthen them in many ways. One method is by training their weekend school teachers. We have already trained hundreds of Sunday school teachers. We can do the same for your community as well.
- Media Training: We have offered four media training programs and plan to hold 12 this year, especially on college campuses. Muslim students and their allies will learn how to change the media narrative about Islam and Muslims through effective storytelling
Zakat: Shaikh Dr. Salah Al-Sawy, as well as the former head Imam of the Kaba, Sheikh Saleh Abdullah bin Humaid, have both given a Fatwa that Sound Vision’s work is Zakat-eligible. Kindly donate your Zakat this Ramadan to Sound Vision. It is tax-deductible as well.
Here is our track record of success over the last year alone, Alhamdu lillah:
- Sound Vision has been the only Muslim organization to our knowledge which hired a public relations firm to advance Muslim causes through media and specialized relationships
- We hosted and guided Burma Task Force, which is working to stop the genocide of Rohingyas in Burma. This work itself has delivered a $200 million-plus benefit to Rohingya refugees
- Sound Vision produced a carefully thought out and articulated Muslim perspective on timely issues and current events through our “Talking Points and Thinking Points” series through our weekly newsletters. These helped influence the discussions about subjects like the Parkland, Florida school shooting, as well as the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, among other issues
- We organized a National Thinking Retreat of Muslim Leaders and two thinking retreats for Muslim youth
- Sound Vision produced and launched a new and unique, 20-panel exhibit on Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, focusing on his role as the leader of a peace movement. It has been on display at national conferences, universities, and during open houses
- We assisted the International Museum of Muslim Cultures in Jackson, Mississippi, the nation’s only Muslim museum, to develop its own exhibit for Dawa and outreach
- With your support continued support we can do more and do better insha Allah.
Please donate today.
Abdul Malik Mujahid