Memorials, tears and more will be how many people in America and around the world will be commemorating the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
It is a time of sadness, but also one of hope. Prayer is a wonderful way to heal hearts and look towards the future. In Arabic, the term Dua refers to supplication to God. Dua is a beautiful method of connecting with the Creator, Who is Most Merciful and Most Compassionate.
It is with the need for prayer on this occasion in mind that we suggest the following Duas for all of humanity, which has suffered in some way or another through this attack.
- O Lord of the Universe! Save us all from words which hurt and bless us with hearts that touch
- God, grant us the wisdom to learn from the Guidance that You blessed upon all Your Prophets.
- Please God, comfort and console those who now walk in sorrow
- Our Lord, please give us compassion and mutual understanding so that we may live in peace and with justice
- Please help us stop those who oppress, whether be of our nation, race or tribe or not
- Give us the strength to work for the good of all humanity and against what is harmful to all of us
- Let our children learn from our errors and work to establish a safer, more peaceful and just world for all.
- Guide our leaders to make wise and fair decisions
- Protect us from the kind of hate and intolerance symbolized by the September 11 tragedy
- Make us all among those who struggle for what is just, good and beautiful.
- Have mercy on all who have suffered from the tragedy of September 11 and its aftermath: Americans, Afghans, Iraqis, and many, many others.