Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. It is just an outline for your guidance. Please consult your attorney and your accountant for proper legally sound advice.
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
Last Will and Testament
I, Muneer Gennady, declare this to be my last will and testament. This will revokes all prior wills.
I am in a sound state of mind and agree to everything outlined in this will.
Executors of my will
I name the following people to be executors of my will in the following order:
My friend Musa Anees, residing at 215 Belleview in Chicago, Illinois. He can be reached at (000) 000-000.
If Mr. Anees is not available or capable at the time of my death to execute my will, this responsibility must go to my friend Ahmad Ansari, residing at 313 MacLean in Chicago Illinois. He can be reached at (111) 111-111.
If Mr. Ansari is not available or capable at the time of my death to execute my will, this responsibility must go to my friend Mr. Abdullah Abdul-Latif, residing at 885 Montcourt, in Washington, D.C. He can be reached at (222) 222-2222.
Consultation with Islamic scholar
The executor, in all matters pertaining to my will, the division of my estate, issues of debate or controversy, etc. must consult with Shaykh Irfan Mutawalli, a graduate of Madinah University in Madinah, Saudi Arabia, who is also Imam of the Hilal mosque in Schaumberg, Illinois. He can be reached at his office at (333) 333-3333 or his home at (333) 000-000. His word on all issues is final.
My funeral and burial arrangements
The following must be observed for my funeral and burial:
1. My body must be buried within 24 hours of death.
2. No autopsy must be performed unless required by the law of the land
3. All of my burial and funeral arrangements must be done by the dictates of Islamic law, and nothing less. This must be done by Shaykh Irfan Mutawalli, the aforementioned Islamic scholar, and preferably at his mosque, which is Hilal mosque in Schaumberg, Illinois.
MG, SY, BK
Distribution of my inheritance
The executor of my will must base his division of all of my assets, property and my estate in general on the advice of the aforementioned Shaykh Mutawalli.
An up-to-date list of all of my assets is found in the same folder as this will.
Generally, the following must occur:
1. All debts must be paid off. In the folder with my will is an up-to-date list of all of my debts. The executor must also clarify with the aforementioned Shaykh Mutawalli if there are any debts apart from the ones I have already listed which must also be covered prior to the division of inheritance shares.
2. Following this, all of my funeral expenses must be covered.
3. After these two above-mentioned issues have been cleared, the rest of my assets, property and estate in general must be divided up among my relatives. I stress once again that all advice pertaining to the division of shares of inheritance must be done in consultation with the aforementioned Shaykh Irfan Mutawalli, and his opinion is binding. In other words, my executor must divide up the shares according to what he advises.
One-third of my wealth must go to the Sound Vision Foundation 1327 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago, Illinois 60607, telephone number (312) 997-2349, as charity.
I, Muneer Gennady, am signing this will on July 18, 1999
(Signature of Muneer Gennady)
This has been signed in the presence of the following witnesses:
-Mr. Yaseen is a resident of Chicago, Illinois and can be contacted at (000) 000-000
-Mr. Khan is a resident of Falls Church, Virginia and can be contacted at (111) 111-1111
"Lech Kaczyński signing a bill (Karta Polaka)" by Senate of the Republic of Poland - Official site of Senate of the Republic of Poland, III Zjazd Polonii i Polaków z Zagranicy 22-26 września 2007, direct link. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0-pl via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lech_Kaczy%C5%84ski_signing_a_bill_(Karta_Polaka).jpg#mediaviewer/File:Lech_Kaczy%C5%84ski_signing_a_bill_(Karta_Polaka).jpg