Ask yourself 10 Questions about your mom
Sometimes, to be able to really evaluate what kind of relationship we have with our mothers, we need to ask ourselves the right questions. Here are some that can help:
1. When was the last time you visited your mom?
2. Do you think your mom is happy with you?
3. Have you ever said "Uff" to your mom?
"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt (Uff), nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood' "(Quran 17:23-24).
4. What is it that your mom really wants to have?
5. How much do you know about your mom's mother?
6. What might be five things your mom really doesn't want you to do?
Abdullah ibn Amr related that the Messenger of Allah said, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him: The major sins are to believe that Allah has partners, to disobey one's parents, to commit murder, and to bear false witness (Bukhari, Muslim).
7. What are three things that make your mom happy or sad?
8. How many minutes do you engage in "quality talk" with your mom in a week?
9. When was the last time you cooked for your mom?
10. When was the last time you gave your mom a gift?
Aisha narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: Exchange gifts with one another, for they remove ill feelings from the hearts (Tirmidhi).
YOUR MOM, YOUR MOM, YOUR MOM:
Quran and Hadith About Mothers
Ask Yourself Ten Questions About Your Mother
10 Things You Can Do For Your Mom
Running to Remember a Mother and Her Trust in Allah
©2014 Sound Vision Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
9058 S Harlem Ave, Bridgeview, IL 60455, USA