Rate this Article
SoundVision.com: Glossary of Islamic Terms
GLOSSARY OF ISLAMIC TERMS
Compiled by Prof. Ishaq Zahid
C D E
F G H
I J K
L M N
O P Q
R S T
U V W
X Y Z
Most commonly understood to mean Hell. In fact, it is one of the levels of Hell. There are seven levels of Hellfire:
1. Jaheem - the shallowest level of Hell. It is reserved for those who believed in Allah and His Messenger (S.A.W.), but who ignored His commands.
2. Jahanam - a deeper level where the idol-worshippers are to be sent on the Day of Judgement.
3. Sa'ir - is reserved for the worshippers of fire.
4. Saqar - this is where those who did not believe in Allah will be sent on the Day of Judgement.
5. Ladha - will be the home of the Jews.
6. Hawiyah - will be the abode of the Christians.
7. Hutama - the deepest level of Hellfire. This is where the religious hypocrites will spend eternity. The worst of Allah's creation are the Munafiqeen (Hypocrites), wether they be mankind or Jinn, for they outwardly appear to accept, but inwardly reject Allah and His Messenger (S.A.W.).
Post your comment
|Search The Quran|
|Something to Ask...|
|O Allah! |
I ask You by every name that You have, that You have called Yourself by, that You have taught any of Your Creation, that You have revealed in Your Book, or that You may have kept secret with Yourself.
Make the Quran the spring of my heart, the light of my breast, the dispeller of my sorrows, the eraser of my anxieties and worries.