The Idea & the Achievements
Sound Vision focuses on the applied aspect of Islamic living in the Western context. This is our niche.
As CAIR fights for our civil rights and ISNA brings us together, Sound Vision focuses on developing relevant content for Muslim youth and other stakeholders like parents, imams, and teachers. That is how our motto, helping tomorrow’s Muslims today! was born.
Sound Vision is a not for profit, 501 (C) 3 organization producing quality educational programs since 1988.
- Every day we reach 73,000 plus people
- Sound Vision has helped about 1.9 million children, women and men around the world learn to pray and read the Quran
- Our documentaries have been shown in 28 countries including 68 channels in the USA and Canada
Sound Vision is a pioneer in five areas for the Muslim community:
- Award-winning Adam’s World which showcases the only Muslim puppet characters, created by a colleague of Jim Henson of Sesame Street. Adam is to Muslims what Mickey Mouse is to Disney. (Meet Adam at the MuslimFest June 10th in LA. Free photos with Adam will be offered for children. We will also premiere the latest Adam’s World there!)
- Multimedia software like Al-Qari featured by ABC News and Newsweek on its science and technology page
- There were no Islamic songs in English until we started persuading Yusuf Islam to sing and introduced Dawud Wharnsby
- Monthly free newsletters for Muslim Teachers and Imams & Masjids (free sign up available at June 10th LA benefit)
- The Nation’s only daily radio show, RadioIslam.com on WCEV 1450 AM, which has interviewed 5,000 guests including Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi, Betty Williams, and Mairead McGuire
- We have written 5,000 pages on the applied aspect of Islamic living in the Western context. These are not translations but original tip oriented articles, available free to all people
- Sound Vision has produced more than 6,000 programs, most of which are available without cost
- MuslimFest a project of Sound Vision is attended by 20,000 Muslims and non-Muslims in Toronto for the last ten years. This is a two-day Muslim event with no speeches. Now it is counted as one of the top Canadian festivals
- 600 Imams and Masjid administrators and 1,200 Muslim teachers are in regular contact with Sound Vision
We have provided professional training to 1,300 Muslim teachers
- Sound Vision has helped mainstream producers create high profile television programs for PBS, BBC, Discovery Channel, Vision Television Network and others
The Strategic Assistance
- Sound Vision was the brains behind the Bosnia Task Force USA which got rape declared a war crime and organized the largest Muslim rally in America
- Sound Vision also served as an office for Kosova Task Force USA resulting in the freedom for Kosova Muslims
- After 9/11, Sound Vision’s tip-oriented daily guidelines were used by Muslims and non-Muslims to start building bridges of understanding
- Sound Vision coordinates 27 Muslim organizations fighting domestic violence
- 75,000 of our brochures on Sharia have been used to fight anti-Sharia campaigns in 26 states
Our team includes eight full time and three part time staff and about 80 volunteers giving 10 to 80 hours a month.
President: Abdul Malik Mujahid; VP: Dr. Ahmed Murad; Manager Development: Taha Ghayyur; Content Manager: Samana Siddiqui; Producer: Amnah Murad; Manager Canada: Asif Mian; Manger UK: Sohail Meah
Board of Directors: Dr. Khalid Riaz; Dr. Khursheed Mallick; Janaan Hashim; Hanna El-Ameen; Dr. Altaf Kaiseruddin; Fuad Lashkarwala
Radio Islam Board: Janaan Hashim (chair), Humaria Basith, Altaf Kaiseruddin, Prof. Amina McCloud, Muhammad Gaber
Hosts of Radio Islam: Janaan Hashim, Jamilah Tasleem Firdoiusi, Salahuddin Khan, Ayesha Mustafa
tomorrow's Muslims today!
Us Volunteer FAQs Donate
RadioIslamDallas Morning News about Sound Vision
Comments About Us
|Search The Quran|
|Something to Ask...|
|O Allah! |
With Your Power we have come to the morning, with Your Power we come to the evening, with Your Power we live, and we die, and to You will we return.